CDL Home Caring
Tax Credits for Home Support Services
Home support services for seniors - Government of Quebec
In Quebec, you can get a refundable tax credit for expenses related to home support services for seniors for a Quebec resident age 70 or over. Eligible expenses paid by a spouse under age 70 when the other spouse is over age 70 are accepted.
Eligible services include:
- daily activities (i.e., bathing, dressing)
- meals (i.e., assistance in preparing meals)
- supervision (i.e., night supervision)
- nursing care
- upkeep of home and clothing
- delivery (i.e., groceries, medicine)
- Other services (i.e., minor maintenance work outside the senior’s dwelling)
To be considered eligible, these services must be billed and provided by a person who is neither a spouse nor a dependent.
For more information see the Revenu Québec link below:
CDL Home Caring can help you with the Tax Credit Application Form
Québec and Its seniors-More support for Growing old at Home